The losses of the Russian travel industry after the entry ban of Chinese citizens will depend on the timing of the restriction. At the moment, the industry has already lost about three billion rubles, but in the future the damage can grow manifold. Dmitry Gorin spoke about this on the air of Ekho Moskvy radio station. “So far, we can only confirm two-month losses - this is 2.8 billion for February-March. And according to the forecast, if this story drags on for a longer period, the losses could reach 30 billion,” he said. (Read more)
At the same time, the Federal Tourism Agency is already thinking about changing the marketing strategy for inbound tourism if the coronavirus entry ban for Chinese tourists continues. “We have subsidies for development of inbound tourism. Potential markets are India, South Korea, Iran. We really hope for the electronic visas that are now available in St. Petersburg, Kaliningrad and Vladivostok. From January 1, 2021, this will definitely help us attract tourists from other countries,” said Dmitry Gorin on RBC. (More from 20 min.)

On December 17, 2019, a draft on tour guides was introduced to the State Duma. The government proposes to allow the provision of these services only to Russians who have passed certification. Experts interviewed by the “Parliamentary newspaper” believe that subsequently in Russia it is necessary to create a unified federal register of certified guides and guides. According to Dmitry Gorin, then it is necessary to add information not only about the guides who were allowed to work, but also about those who were deprived of certification. (Read more)
Aeroflot’s schedule includes flights on the Airbus A350. From March 21 to March 28, it will be possible to fly from Moscow to Dubai on board the new airliner, reports Rambler. According to Dmitry Gorin, the plans to upgrade the fleet fit into the airline’s development strategy: “Earlier, the carrier’s management announced plans to increase passenger traffic almost twice in the next couple of years - up to 100 million people. Without an actively developing fleet, this is impossible. Therefore, Aeroflot seeks to update the fleet and gradually withdraw from it A330 which are outdated in terms of comfort, capacity, fuel economy, and commercial indicators. ” (More info is reported by Rambler. Further:)
Reference information
Reference information
Frequently Asked Questions
Connecting a Technical Support